FetacResources.com
Tutors Helping Tutors
Login
Welcome to FetacResources.com
Saturday, November 18 2017 @ 08:35 AM GMT
 Forum Index >  FETAC Support >  General Help
 Marking Schemes
   |  Printable Version
By: mmchale (offline)  Saturday, June 04 2016 @ 08:55 PM IST (Read 1306 times)  
mmchale

Hi all,
Just wondering about marking schemes. My folders for a level 5 minor award were picked by the external examiner who has stated that I must follow the exact marking scheme in the module descriptor. I devised my own marking scheme for the Skills Demonstration (60%) and Learner Record (40%). All of the LOs are mapped to the assignments. There is a sample marking scheme included in the descriptor but it is very broad and basically breaks down the marks in blocks of either 10% or 20%. I broke the marks down further but they all add up to the correct overall weighting, i.e. 60% and 40%. My marking scheme is very comprehensive and is much better than the sample. Has anyone had any experience with an extern in this area and what did you do? She wants all the marks redone and it means that I can't submit the folders for this certification period. I am gutted for my learners as they are waiting anxiously for their marks and want to apply for jobs over the summer. I would really appreciate any guidance. Many thanks, M Mc

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: pgtips (offline)  Friday, August 12 2016 @ 08:08 PM IST  
pgtips

Did you get this sorted? I'm presuming it's for level 5 work experience. I'd be happy to help if you still need it.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email