FetacResources.com
Tutors Helping Tutors
Login
Welcome to FetacResources.com
Wednesday, July 30 2014 @ 01:54 AM IST
 Forum Index >  FETAC Support >  General Help
 Fetac communications level 4
   |  Printable Version
By: maire k (offline)  Wednesday, September 08 2010 @ 05:35 PM IST (Read 5958 times)  
maire k

HI,
I am starting to deliver Fetac Communications , Personal Effectiveness and ICT at Level 4. As it's my first time delivering these courses I would be happy with any help or suggestions. I am hoping to use a theme and integrate as much as I can on the modules so any ideas for ways of doing that would be great. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Any suggestions on how to use the learning journal would also be extremely useful and of course resources. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: Lyn (offline)  Thursday, September 09 2010 @ 11:43 AM IST  
Lyn

Hi Maire, I've just uploaded all the L4 Communications documents that I have so hopefully they're available to you when you get this reply. The Module Descriptor is of great help and just make sure that whatever unit you're covering that you're ensuring all SLOs (specific learning outcomes) are covered. What I tend to do is have students start a class diary, write down their expectatiions and ambitions, etc., in first class and then at the end of each subsequent class give them a few minutes to write down what they did today, how they felt about it, etc. Then towards end of course, before handing in portfolio of work, have them look back on what they did and write down how they feel about their progress now. Hopefully the briefs will give you an idea of everything else that's required, although you'll probably adapt all of these to suit your own class. By no means are mine perfect and I'll be tweaking them again this year. However, they were accepted by the external assessor this year. As for the personal effectiveness module, we did Level 3 in conjunction with L4 communications so a lot of the work was covered in communications and we just verified this in writing. Always be on the lookout for good articles in newspapers, etc. that can be used for the reading or media section as it's great to give the students something that's topical and then that can lead on to group discussion which can cover some SLOs in the personal interaction unit. Hope some of the above is helpful!

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: maire k (offline)  Thursday, September 09 2010 @ 09:25 PM IST  
maire k

Lyn,
Thank you so much for your enouraging and instanat reply. Great tip on starting the learning journal straight away so learners can record expectations and conerns and good practice at the end of each session as a learning journal just can't be done retrospectively. Just had a look at your briefs and they look really clear and interesting and will be a good guide. although I will be using different topics depending on interest of the group, I really like your choice of reading matter. Feel much better equiped to begin. Thanks again for your generous response.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are IST. The time is now 01:54 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

My Account

Lost your password?

Important Note!

This site is not an official FETAC site.

If you are looking for the offical FETAC site it can be found at www.FETAC.ie

All resources are used at your own risk.

Contact

If you have any issues with this site please do not hesitate to contact the administrator.

Email: Admin

Who's Online

Guest Users: 117